Meet the Team
At Portobello Institute we share a common commitment to quality, a structured approach to learning and a focus on industry links as well as care for the individual learners.
Our academic team along with programme managers and teaching staff are the heart of the college who inspire and support our students on a daily basis and throughout their educational journey with us. To ensure full relevant support for every learner we have a programme manager in place for every department. All with significant experience within their sector we are delighted to show just some of our dedicated team.
Sinéad Kelly is a fashion creative based in Dublin.
Having graduated from Dublin City University with a BA in Journalism and Irish, Sinéad immediately pursued her fashion instincts by doing internships with RTE Fashion online, followed by Stellar Magazine.
Sinéad began working with Folkster, in its infancy, where she spent four years working across all areas of the development of the independent retail store and online shopping website www.folkster.com specifically in terms of press and marketing, and fashion styling.
Four years later, countless photo shoots, kilo sale events, buying trips and business adventures, the Kilkenny store grew to encompass a second store in Dublin, a growing online business, and the start of a successful venture into the Bridal world, all of which Sinead was actively involved in.
In 2014 Sinéad returned to DCU where she achieved a Masters in Marketing.
All the while, Sinéad has steadily grown her freelance work through assisting other stylists, and taking on projects of her own. She hosts her portfolio on www.stylebysinead.ie
● Fashion Stylist: Arnotts, Men's Fashion Ireland (MFI), Evoke.ie, Irish Tatler, Folkster Ltd, Folkster Bridal, RTE Guide, RTE Ten, Xpose, Irish Independent Weekend Magazine, The Silver Factory, Fish Tail Soup Apparel, United Colors of Benetton for Fashion One TV.
● Fashion Styling Assistant: The Voice of Ireland 2014; Harvey Nichols Fashion Show S/S14, A/W14, Happy Closet Launch Night; Irish Independent Weekend Magazine; Irish Times Fashion Feature - Aviary Lane; Arnotts Menswear A/W14; Stena Line Commercial July 2014.
Sinéad began in current her role as Personal Shopper in Arnotts, Ireland’s oldest and largest department store, shortly after. Each day is filled with appointments encompassing wardrobe overhauls, capsule corporate wear, formal and occasion wear, and menswear. Each client experiences a personable and relaxed service while being provided with an array of choices tailored to their personal tastes and requirements.
Alongside the coordination of daily appointments, her responsibilities and duties also span to include working/hosting in store events, styling photo shoots and commercial opportunities (ie. TV appearances, dressing notable public figures etc.), contributing to Arnotts social media pages, organising, styling and speaking at corporate events and attending seasonal press events. Sinéad was delighted to style and Rosie Fortescue (Made in Chelsea) for irish Tatler, in conjunction with Arnotts. Working with Aaron Hurley, the shoot was published in December 2016.
At the same time, Sinéad teamed up with now business partner, Tobi Balogun, and launched Selfmade Clothing. Selfmade is a concept clothing brand encompassing reworked vintage into its range of product. Whereby they both saw a gap in the market to exude individuality through dressing, Selfmade’s mission is to inspire ‘You being the best version of you, no matter what!’
Whereby high street clothing was replicated, and somewhat uninspiring, the two took the leap and created the brand to bring something new to the fashion scene. A typically urban, street wear brand, Selfmade has customers worldwide, including Irish model and DJ Daniella Moyles, and an array of international dance choreographers such as Tony Tzar (LA), Kerrie Milne (Dublin/LA). The brand has been featured in the Irish Examiner, and MFI magazine. Working with emerging artists and creatives, Sinead and Tobi ensure unique, raw authenticity in their work. With Sinead as Creative Director and Stylist, the brand has produced many campaigns over the past few years, and house their works on www.selfmadeclothing.ie
In October 2018, Sinéad assumed yet another role, this time as a Fashion Tutor at Portobello Institute in Dublin. With her creative experience and academic background, Sinéad is a tutor of Fashion Styling, Digital Marketing, and Retail Administrations.
Work to date:
• Fashion Stylist: Arnotts SS18, Men's Fashion Ireland (MFI), Evoke.ie, Irish Tatler, Folkster Ltd, Folkster Bridal, RTE Guide - 2 Cover Shoots, RTE Ten, Xpose, Irish Independent Weekend Magazine, The Silver Factory, Fish Tail Soup Apparel, United Colors of Benetton for Fashion One TV.
• Fashion Styling Assistant: The Voice of Ireland 2014; Harvey Nichols Fashion Show S/S14, A/W14, Happy Closet Launch Night; Irish Independent Weekend Magazine; Irish Times Fashion Feature - Aviary Lane; Arnotts Menswear A/W14; Stena Line Commercial July 2014.
◦ Stellar Magazine Streetstyle 2013
◦ U Magazine Fashion Diary Feature 2014
◦ Irish Examiner Streets Ahead feature 2014
◦ U Magazine - So You Think You Want My Job - 2016
Stellar Magazine - A Day in the Life feature - 2018