Special Needs Assistant - QQI Level 6 - Intensive 1 weekBook Your Place Now
QQI Level 6
Special Needs Assistant - QQI Level 6 - Intensive 1 week
This intensive Special Needs Assistant course is designed for learners who wish to progress from a QQI Level 5 to a QQI Level 6 qualification. The course content is structured to give a broader, knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding disabilities and or learning difficulties.
The Special Needs Assistant Level 6 course is ideal for Learners who wish to:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of national and local models, multi-disciplinary teams, health and safety issues and educational provisions for children and young people with special needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the relevant concepts, theories and principles underpinning curriculum implementation.
- Create learning opportunities by devising and implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP's) and individual behavior Plans (IBP's) and introduce exercises that teach the child to look after themselves and their property which ultimately encourages independence, respect, self-esteem and responsibility.
- Assess the roles and responsibilities, and skill sets required by the SNA to assist the teacher in implementing the National curriculum.
Portobello Institute Diploma in Special Needs Education
QQI Level 6 Minor Award in Special Needs Assistant (6N1957)
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. Students must have gained QQI Level 5 Component Certificate Special Needs Assistant or equivalent. To access programmes leading to this award the learner should have reached the standards of knowledge, skill and competence associated with the preceding level of the National Framework of Qualifications. This may have been achieved through a formal qualification or through relevant life and work experience.
- This is a 1 week intensive course.
Understanding Education, Health and Safety, Teach methodologies, Educational Philosophy and Practice
Literacy: Identifying the conditions for learning language and how to implement these according to learning programmes
Mathematics: Learning skills to support the teaching of mathematics and to devise strategies to assess mathematical ability
Observations: Methods and techniques for assessing, planning and evaluating.
Course price €650