Understanding Speech and Language Difficulties. Distance LearningBook Your Place Now
Certificate of Attendance
Start at any time
Understanding Speech and Language Difficulties. Distance Learning
Being able to communicate our thoughts, aspirations and basic needs is a civic right. Speech and language are the main media through which we communicate. For a variety of reasons some individuals have a delay or inflictions to their speech and language development. Through this course the student will develop a strong knowledge based insight into how speech, language and communication are developed. Furthermore, this course will identify a range of issues that may affect any individual at any stage of their life and it will also suggest some coping strategies to deal effectively with these issues.
By choosing to study this course with Portobello Institute, students will have access to course materials from our online learning centre for the duration of the course. The course materials for this certified course are thorough and easy to read and can be downloaded in your own time and from the comfort of your own home. You will also be assigned a personal tutor for the duration of the course who will help you with any challenges you may encounter. In addition you will be able to upload assignments online and receive online feedback. You can use our online learning centre from any computer that has internet access. However, access to a computer is not compulsory as we can arrange for everything to be processed by post. There is an administration fee of €30 for this service.
Portobello Institute Certificate in Speech and Language Difficulties
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. There are no previous academic requirements.
As this course is delivered through distance learning the student works at their own pace. Each student has 12 months to successfully complete this course.
- Online Learning Centre (requires internet access), or
- By Post (note that there is an admin fee of €30 for postal students)
- Reflection of present knowledge status
- Definitions of the different levels and areas of speech and language difficulties
- Speech and language development
- The different ways of communicating factors that affect speech and language acquisition
- Speech and language therapy, what is it and how does it work?
- Practical steps and support systems
- Using assistive technology for individuals with speech and language difficulties
- Suggested adaptations to school / work / home environment
The cost of this course is €195