Therapeutic Play Skills - Part Time EveningBook Your Place Now
Approx 3 months
QQI Level 6
Therapeutic Play Skills - Part Time Evening
This course will qualify the learner to become a “therapeutic play practitioner” where the focus of their work will be to understand child development from a therapeutic perspective. They will be able to provide suitable therapeutic interventions in accordance with their knowledge and scope of the role of the therapeutic play practitioner in relation to; general adjustment issues, attachment issues, mild challenging behaviour, and low self-esteem issues.
This course is suitable for those already working with children in a variety of areas such as:
• Early Childcare and Education settings-pre-school teachers or practitioners
• Schools-teachers, resource teacher or Special Needs Assistants
• Hospitals-nurses or carers
• Child Minders
• Au Pairs
This course also provides students with an invaluable foundation to further develop their careers and become qualified “Play Therapists”.
This course provides for the full and effective implementation of all four themes of the Aistear curriculum framework and the SPHE curriculum from a therapeutic perspective. Thus, providing greater opportunity for helping our children to learn to cope with issues that may affect them in their lives. This therapeutic perspective is evidence based and has been shown to provide positive improvements in children’s behaviour, self-esteem and general adjustment issues.
QQI Level 6 Minor Award in Therapeutic Play Skills (6N4705)
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. There are no previous academic requirements
This is a part-time course delivered 1 evening a week over 14 weeks and include these 2 workshops;
Sand Play Therapy
Therapeutic Play and its benefits,
• The nature and types of issues that children experience and how therapeutic play can help them
• The skills and techniques required to become a therapeutic play practitioner/play specialist.
• The different creative mediums that can be used in therapeutic play interventions such as Sand play, Clay, Art, Music, Lego, Water and Therapeutic Story telling.
The cost of this course is €989