Special Needs QQI Level 6. Distance LearningBook Your Place Now
Start at any time
Special Needs QQI Level 6. Distance Learning
The Special Needs Assistant Level 6 distance learning course is designed for learners who wish to progress from a QQI Level 5 to a QQI Level 6 qualification. The course content is structured to give a broader, knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding disabilities and or learning difficulties.
The Special Needs Assistant Level 6 course is ideal for Learners who wish to:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of national and local models, multi-disciplinary teams, health and safety issues and educational provisions for children and young people with special needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the relevant concepts, theories and principles underpinning curriculum implementation.
- Create learning opportunities by devising and implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP's) and individual behavior Plans (IBP's) and introduce exercises that teach the child to look after themselves and their property which ultimately encourages independence, respect, self-esteem and responsibility.
- Assess the roles and responsibilities, and skill sets required by the SNA to assist the teacher in implementing the National curriculum.
- Portobello Institute Diploma in Special Needs Education
- QQI Level 6 Minor Award in Special Needs Assisting (6N1957)
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. Students must have gained QQI Level 5 Component Certificate Special Needs Assistant or equivalent to gain entry. Consideration is also given to previous academic or life experience.
As this course is distance learning students study at their own pace. Each student has 12 months to complete this course. Students must complete 20 hours work experience to complete the course.
- Online Learning Centre (requires internet access), or
- By Post (note that there is an admin fee of €30 for postal students)
- Understanding Education, Health and Safety, Teach methodologies, Educational Philosophy and Practice
- Literacy: Identifying the conditions for learning language and how to implement these according to learning programmes
- Mathematics: Learning skills to support the teaching of mathematics and to devise strategies to assess mathematical ability
- Observations: Methods and techniques for assessing, planning and evaluating.
The cost of this course is €595
Book onto our Special Needs Level 5 and this Special Needs Level 6 course and get €190 off the total cost and also receive a Distance Learning Course worth up to the value of €350 depending on course chosen.