Fashion Buying & Merchandising - 1 ModuleBook Your Place Now
Approx 3 months
QQI Level 5
Fashion Buying & Merchandising - 1 Module
We are working remotely and are available to support you with any queries you have - please email Brandon at email@example.com or call him on 01-8920035.
Our academic delivery teams are all also working remotely and are supporting our students to continue with their studies through online learning or to get started for those just commencing their learning journey.
This Fashion Buying & Merchandising (Fashion Profiles & Marketing) module is part of our popular Fashion Buying & Merchandising course. Once complete you can choose to progress onto the full award. All modules together make up the complete Fashion Buying & Merchandising course which sets the foundations for a successful career in either Fashion Buying or Merchandising within the fast paced retail sector.
This module is perfect for anybody that has an interest in entering the diverse area of Fashion Buying and Merchandising. The Irish fashion retail sector has a turnover annually of 35 billion and the need for fashion buyers, merchandisers, retail managers, trend analysts and fashion planners is growing annually. This module is also the perfect choice for those wishing to up-skill or for those looking to enter this exciting industry.
In this module you will learn the skills essential to understand Fashion as a business and recognise the roles and responsibilities of the people working within the fashion industry. You will learn to identify customers and understand the different markets.
This module is an excellent choice for anybody interested in adding new skills to their existing role or who are interested in a career change or to gain employment.
QQI Level 5 in Fashion Buying and Merchandising (5N1445)
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. There are no previous academic requirements.
1 evening a week for 10 weeks
Course Aims & Objectives
• Develop an awareness of the role of the buyer in relation to retailers, manufacturers and customers.
• Understand the different types of retail organisation and be able to identify the different roles and staffing within a retail store.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the fashion calendar and fashion cycle and demonstrate an ability to execute a financial range plan.
• Explore the role of promotion in the fashion industry and demonstrate the ability to develop a market analysis and promotional plan.
• Demonstrate an ability to use key industry terminology.
• Develop an ethical awareness and understanding of environmental factors affecting the industry.
• Be able to create mood boards and understand the importance of aesthetic qualities when presenting work.
• To identify customer profiles and factors that influence the cycle of fashion.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
2. Customer Profiles
3. Fashion Marketing
5. Buying and the law
Course price is €995
Easy Payment Plan
Deposit of 40% = €398
Balance in to 2 instalments of €346due 10th of the month after the course starts. Payments can be made by credit/debit card, electronic fund transfer or in person to our offices.
Instalment fee payable - €95 spread across 2 instalment payments, included in figures detailed above. Total Repayable - €1090.
Read our Terms of Enrolment here for more information about payment arrangements