Fashion Buying & Merchandising - Full TimeBook Your Place Now
QQI Level 5
Fashion Buying & Merchandising - Full Time
This Fashion Buying and Merchandising course encompasses the foundations that are necessary to succeed as a fashion buyer in today's competitive environment.
While fashion trends change from season to season the fundamental role of the fashion buyer and merchandiser remains the same. As a fashion buyer, or fashion buyer assistant, you will play an integral role within the infrastructure of the retail team, tracking and analysing seasonal trends, ensuring production costs are kept within budget and most importantly, ensuring profit and growth for the company. You must have a good eye for style and trends together with a great sense of design and creativity, but foremost you must have good business acumen to achieve sales targets.
The Fashion Buying and Merchandising course introduces you to the busy but exciting world of fashion. You will learn to prepare mood boards, retail display and analyse fashion trends in line with customer needs. The course prepares you to undertake a variety of roles within the fashion industry by introducing you to relevant subjects from the worlds of fashion, business and retailing which are customised to the needs of the fashion industry.
Putting into practice the skills learned in class is key to gaining employment in the fashion industry. Portobello Institute has established strong links with many of the main fashion buying and merchandising departments within some of Ireland's largest retailers. We are delighted to announce our students, full and part-time, can now participate on an internship programme with some of the participating companies listed below;
- Jack & Jones
- Name IT
- Noisy May
- Only, Only & Sons
- Pamela Scott
- Vero Moda
- Vila Clothes
- Portobello Institute Certificate in Fashion Buying and Merchandising
- QQI Level 5 Major Award in Retail Practice (5M2105)
Entry to this course is by direct application.
Acceptance to full time courses is interview based.
This is a full time course delivered over 28 weeks.
1. (5N3845) Level 5 Minor Award in Fashion Industry & Design Studies
2. (5N1445) Level 5 Minor Award in Fashion Buying & Merchandising
3. (5N0972) Level 5 Minor Award in Customer Service
4. (5N1860) Level 5 Minor Award in Retail (Visual) Display
5. (5N1356) Level 5 Minor Award in Work Experience (Industry Placement)
6. (5N0690) Level 5 Minor Award in Communications
7. (5N1619) Level 5 Minor Award in Retail Selling
8. (5N1860) Level 5 Minor Award in Retail (Fashion) Administration
9. (5N1364) Level 5 Minor Award in Digital Marketing
10. (5N1977) Level 5 Minor Award in Spreadsheet Methods
11. Fashion Styling
Course price is €4995
Protection for learners insurance fee: €200
Materials for course: Approx €350