Coping with Challenging Behaviours - Distance LearningBook Your Place Now
Certificate of Attendance
Start at any time
Coping with Challenging Behaviours - Distance Learning
Coping with Challenging Behaviours distance learning course provides the student with an understanding of challenging behaviours and the factors that can create challenging behaviours. It will also provide the student with the knowledge and skills to effectively work with a child with challenging behaviours in a school or home environment.
By choosing to study this course with Portobello Institute, students will have access to course materials from our online learning centre for the duration of the course. The course materials for this certified course are thorough and easy to read and can be downloaded in your own time and from the comfort of your own home. You will also be assigned a personal tutor for the duration of the course who will help you with any challenges you may encounter. In addition you will be able to upload assignments online and receive online feedback. You can use our online learning centre from any computer that has internet access. However, access to a computer is not compulsory as we can arrange for everything to be processed by post. There is an administration fee of €30 for this service.
Portobello Institute Certificate in Coping with Challenging Behaviours
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. There are no previous academic requirements.
As this course is delivered through distance learning, the student studies at their own pace. Each student has 6 months to complete this course.
- Online Learning Centre (requires internet access), or
- By Post (note that there is an admin fee of €30 for postal students)
- What is behaviour
- Why do people behave in particular ways
- Understanding of what is meant by Challenging behaviour
- Examples of behavioural difficulties
- Role of observation in dealing with challenging behaviour
- Importance of non-confrontational response to challenging behaviour
- Effective strategies to reduce challenging behaviour
The cose of this course is €350