This course deals with the care & management of the person with a Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube (PEG) in Situ for Therapeutic Purposes.
The PEG tube care course introduces the participant to the function of, indications for, and rationale of using a PEG tube in patient/client care and the fundamental skills relating to the effective care and management of PEG tube during its use and maintenance.
For all enquiries on this course please email; firstname.lastname@example.org. Westfield Institute is a sister company of Portobello Institute, please refer to this website for further details and information on these programmes.
- An Bord Altranais Category 1 approved certificate for registered nurses and midwives only.
- Westfield Institute Certificate of Completion
Please note that this course takes place in the Trinity School of Nursing and Midwifery Skills Lab.
Entry to the course is by direct application to the college. This course is only suitable for registered nurses and midwives.
This is a half day course.
Course Content Modules
- What is a PEG Tube
- Why is it used
- Equipment and Placement of a PEG Tube
- Care and Management of the person with a PEG Tube
- Administration of Prescribed Medications, Fluids, Food via a PEG Tube
- Associated Risks and Management of Related Emergencies